I am lately excited about cupcakes, and I would’ve never said it because I wasn’t a big fun of them. I don’t know why, somentimes I have some certainties which don’t have any real explanation…mmm yes, that’s definetely an annoying limit, it’s beautiful when you can destroy your confines.
Tommorow in Italy we celebrate dads, but even if tomorrow is not everywhere Father’s day I want to wish Happy father’s day to all dads around the world!
I had baked cupcakes for the frist time a couple of weeks ago and my dad loved them, so I decided this year to change the cake to celebrate Father’s day. As I have already showed you we usually make Zeppole di San Giuseppe for this festivity, but this year I wanted to change our habits.
My dad loves chocolate, and so do I of course, so I’ve chosen to bake the classic chocolate cupcakes. I am not very expert but to be honest I found the recipe I used very nice, the cakes were soft and not dry and the buttercream icing not too buttery which was the think I didn’t like very much about cupcakes.
I would love you to try making them, I really want to have some advice or trick if someone have it. How do you make your Chocolate cupcakes?
Enjoy my recipe!
- 115 g self-raising flour
- Half tbs baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 115 g softened butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 2 big eggs
- 55 g dark chocolate
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 140 g softened butter
- 280 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, the baking powered and the cocoa in a blender. Add in the softened butter, the sugar and the beaten eggs until soft and uniform.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a blender until soft. Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil; then pour over the finely chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cup cakes in a large swirl.